Thoughts about D

Jonathan M Davis newsgroup.d at jmdavisprog.com
Thu Nov 30 10:14:26 UTC 2017

On Thursday, November 30, 2017 09:56:35 Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-
d wrote:
> On Thursday, 30 November 2017 at 09:01:20 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
>
> wrote:
> > function is called, it'll segfault when it tries to access one
> > of the member variables
>
> Is there an upper limit for how large an object can be?

Not AFAIK, but it _is_ my understanding that if a type is large enough
(larger than the page size IIRC), a segfault won't be triggered when the
reference or pointer is null, and in those cases, we really do need to add
null checks in @safe code, or the code isn't going to truly be @safe. That's
completely separate from whether a function is final or not though, and it
would apply to pointers to structs as well as class references.

- Jonathan M Davis