DIP88 Named Parameters, Status?

Jonathan Marler johnnymarler at gmail.com
Sun Oct 1 01:54:24 UTC 2017

On Saturday, 30 September 2017 at 22:37:31 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
wrote:
> On Saturday, September 30, 2017 16:57:09 solidstate1991 via
> Digitalmars-d wrote:
>> On Saturday, 30 September 2017 at 16:22:37 UTC, Jonathan M
>> Davis
>>
>> wrote:
>> > [...]
>>
>> What about DIP45, or making export an attribute? That would
>> help the language to go mainstream.
>
> As I said, any DIPs on the wiki which have not already been
> accepted are effectively dead, because the wiki is no longer
> part of the official DIP process (not that there was much of a
> process before, which was part of the problem). Whether any of
> the DIPs on the wiki are a good idea or not is irrelevant. Any
> DIP that's going to be accepted needs to go through the current
> DIP process:
>
> https://github.com/dlang/DIPs
>
> No DIPs are going to magically move from the wiki to github.
> _Someone_ (be it the original DIP author or someone else) is
> going to have to take the time and make the effort to do
> everything that's required as part of the current DIP process,
> or the DIP will never go anywhere.
>
> - Jonathan M Davis

Hoping that someone will chime in and answer the original
question.  It's likely that only Walter or Andrei can answer it.

Is it a waste of time for me to put effort into renewing this
DIP?  Is it dead on arrival or is there a chance it could be
accepted?