I need runtime reflection

bitwise bitwise.pvt at gmail.com
Sun Oct 1 18:11:03 UTC 2017

On Sunday, 1 October 2017 at 15:53:57 UTC, Gheorghe Gabriel wrote:
> On Saturday, 30 September 2017 at 19:06:20 UTC, bitwise wrote:
>> On Friday, 29 September 2017 at 16:40:38 UTC, Gheorghe Gabriel
>> wrote:
>>> [...]
>>
>> Still work to do, but usable.
>>
>> https://github.com/nicolasjinchereau/d-reflection
>
> I understand, thank you! :)
>
> I have created another scripting model (compiled, not
> interpreted) for the graphics engine, which is better than the
> runtime reflection (it has only one disadvantage and more
> advantages over it). I cannot wait until the engine is
> finished, so that I will be able to show it to the public.
>
> Gabriel

I'm curious to see what you've come up with.

There are certain problems that can't really be overcome with a
compile time approach, like generically passing things across DLL
boundaries, or modifying/referencing things at design-time in an
editor. You could generate some generic wrapper/interface at
compile time, but that would basically be the same as run-time
reflection at that point.