D on quora ...

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Fri Oct 6 18:42:02 UTC 2017

On Fri, Oct 06, 2017 at 06:09:58PM +0000, Ali via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Friday, 6 October 2017 at 17:27:03 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> > On Fri, Oct 06, 2017 at 05:14:51PM +0000, Rion via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> > > https://www.quora.com/What-is-your-review-of-D-programming-language
> > >
> > > It seems that D still has the GC being mentioned up to today.
> > >
> > > Maybe its better to move the standard library slower to a non gc
> > > version in the future...
> >
> > Why is GC a problem?

> The reputation is D's GC is slow, and Manual Memory Management is fast

The first point is valid (when are we going to get a better GC? :-/),
but the second is questionable.  But there's not much you can say to
GC-phobic C/C++ aficiandos to convince them otherwise. (I used to be one
of them.)

Today's society is one of specialization: as you grow, you learn more and more about less and less. Eventually, you know everything about nothing.