gdc is in

Iain Buclaw ibuclaw at gdcproject.org
Fri Oct 6 21:04:04 UTC 2017

On 6 October 2017 at 22:34, John Colvin via Digitalmars-d
<digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
> On Friday, 6 October 2017 at 17:04:39 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:
>>
>> On 6 October 2017 at 17:21, jmh530 via Digitalmars-d
>> <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

>>> I would think this would be bigger news...I mean LDC isn't even on 2.076
>>> yet...
>>

>> Really?  Well, maintenance should be rather small now that the patch /
>> diff is relatively tiny for GDC.  Rebasing only against dmd/stable branch on
>> a weekly basis or so should help things along also.
>

> A lot of (most, even?) D users ignore GDC because it's been substantially
> behind the cutting edge for so long. Managing to catch up and become
> relevant to them is big news, if you want users.

I always assumed it was the license that put people off. ;-)

> To clarify: this includes Phobos, right?

Phobos is 2.076 as-is.  The compiler supports enough of the
feature-set, bug and regression fixes to compile the library and pass
the testsuite.

The switch from C++ to D(DMD) is still in a PR:
https://github.com/D-Programming-GDC/GDC/pull/550

Nothing is really blocking it, but it will go in a separate branch to
start off with.

Iain.