Should we add `a * b` for vectors?

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Sat Oct 7 07:28:51 UTC 2017

On 10/5/2017 3:44 PM, Joakim wrote:
> Sometimes this is possible in simple, non-invasive ways like spelling
> suggestions, but you will go mad trying to create and maintain a complex system
> that mirrors their contradictory expectations.  Without having delved into the
> complex import lookup scheme you and Martin set up, I agree with Timon that
> someone should try to boil it down to some simple principles again.

It's something we all wish for. But keep in mind that the new import rules broke
existing code, and so both lookup systems are still there in the compiler,
switch selectable. A third system, no, I just can't stomach that.

To be brutally honest, this sort of thing is also a low priority. We've got a
lot of far more important issues to resolve. Like these:

https://issues.dlang.org/buglist.cgi?bug_severity=regression&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&list_id=217099&query_format=advanced

Everybody likes to work on new features, but this is bread and butter stuff that
pays the electric bill that we dare not neglect.