D on quora ...

Bastiaan Veelo Bastiaan at Veelo.net
Sat Oct 7 22:39:53 UTC 2017

On Saturday, 7 October 2017 at 21:08:42 UTC, Laeeth Isharc wrote:
> Who would have thought that probably one of the larger code
> bases (500k SLOC) to be rewritten/converted in D might come
> from Pascal, with D competing with ADA?  I don't know what has
> been decided there, but whatever the outcome, that's highly
> interesting, because it's probably true of others.

Nothing has been decided yet. More work needs to be done in
determining where we can push the compatibility boundary. I was
looking for ways to maintain binary compatibility with our
existing datastructures and file formats, when my attention was
needed for another big assignment. Our research into languages
has been on hold since then. I hope to make some progress this
winter. It is going to take time though, this is a task full of
interesting challenges. But I am convinced that if we can find a
way to translate to D, it will be an important move for the
future of our company.

Bastiaan.