Should we have prettier string printing for exceptions and std elemts?

jmh530 john.michael.hall at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 17:44:12 UTC 2017

On Monday, 9 October 2017 at 17:19:42 UTC, Petar Kirov
[ZombineDev] wrote:

> Another point is that if the container contains many elements
> automatically printing all of them would be ugly, unhelpful and
> slow, while printing its identity (I think the address of the
> RefCountedStore doesn't change on reallocation) may be more
> useful.

This relates to your comment in the bugzilla to format with
'%5r'. This would be similar to using something like head or tail
in R and the printing the result. I consider that a separate
issue. It's really easy to handle this in D with UFCS. In Mir,
you could do slice.select(5).writefln!"%s".