How do I filter out data from mongodb in D-code

Eduard Staniloiu edi33416 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 16:19:30 UTC 2017

On Tuesday, 10 October 2017 at 09:43:10 UTC, Anders S wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm working on a middleware application that reads array of
> data from a POSIX pipe and insert data into the db if any
> position in the array has changed.
> This is where my problem lays, in order not to duplicate data I
> want to fetch the latest data/document in the array of
> documents.
> I'm using MS Code and dub to code and compile.
>
> This is the code:
> Collection ct = mongo.boxweb.celltab;
> int i = 1;
> for(;i < 10; i++ ){
>    auto cell =
> ct.find({"number":i}).sort({_id:-1}).limit(2).pretty();
>    if (<data from pipe[i].pos1 == cell.pos1) then do some
> insert...
>
>    i++;
> Where "number" is the document nr in the array
>
> I get these errors
> source/app.d(166,54): Error: found : when expecting ; following
> statement
> source/app.d(166,56): Error: found } when expecting ; following
> statement
> source/app.d(166,57): Error: found ) instead of statement
> dmd failed with exit code 1.
>
> Any ideas?
> Isn't there a way to markup code in the forum message to
> separate from the bodytext?
>
> /anders

Hello,

I haven't used mongo and D together, but by looking at [0] and
[1] I can see that mondo is using Bson, which, as far as I can
tell takes an associative array.

I'm guessing you need to replace the JS dictionary sintax { k: v
} with the AA one [ k: v ].

I haven't been able to try this out as I am on my phone. Also,
this might be more suited for the Learn thread.

Regarding the code markup, as far as I know, we don't have this.

Hope this helps,
Eduard

[0] - https://code.dlang.org/packages/mondo
[1] - http://vibed.org/api/vibe.data.bson/