is private broken?

Jonathan M Davis newsgroup.d at jmdavisprog.com
Tue Oct 10 20:02:32 UTC 2017

On Tuesday, October 10, 2017 15:33:30 Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d
wrote:
> On 10/10/17 3:20 PM, Jonathan Marler wrote:
> > On windows I was able to compile the following using both dmd.2.075.1
> > and dmd.2.076.1
> >
> >  From what I understand, you shouldn't be able to access private
> >
> > fields/methods like this...am I missing something?
>
> Before I even read your code, I was pretty sure the error :)

LOL. Same here. It seems like almost everyone makes this mistake unless they
caught the information first by doing something like reading the spec
carefully or reading TDPL. And if you always treat your types as if nothing
else can access their private members and don't need the equivalent of a C++
friend function, odds are, that you'll never notice...

- Jonathan M Davis