My first experience as a D Newbie

Rion Rion at rion.com
Wed Oct 11 22:20:01 UTC 2017

On Wednesday, 11 October 2017 at 17:55:18 UTC, Steven
Schveighoffer wrote:

> I have to say as someone who uses mostly non-windows systems,
> these problems only seem to crop up for Windows developers.
>
> I don't know if it's a different expectation or a different
> mindset or something else.

Its probably more the fact that most of the developers use Unix
based system for development, be it OSx or Linux. As a result
Windows is the overlooked system what results in a lack of
testing.

You really do not want to know the amount of times issues showed
up because editor plugins crashes or did not work on windows
properly. Very frustrating when its your first experience with a
language.

It also helps that for instance has a more unified package
manager so for people it can simply be apt-get install a few
packages and that is it. The patting and other issues are most of
the time properly resolved.

And it does not help when most plugins are developed by one
developer, that is on the above mentioned Unix based systems.