My first experience as a D Newbie

jmh530 john.michael.hall at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 14:20:33 UTC 2017

On Friday, 13 October 2017 at 13:14:39 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> [snip]
> Thanks for replying. I did not mean my post as a slight against
> your knowledge, but really about my ignorance -- I don't know
> what the expectations of a Windows user are. I think the
> Windows users we do have on the core team (Walter being the
> main one) probably aren't typical Windows developers. But my
> experience seems to be most of the "I've tried to use D for 10
> days and it sucks!" rants come from the Windows side, and they
> are mostly about installation and IDE woes. On my mac, I just
> do "dvm install 2.076.0" and I'm up and running.

Along the same lines, user in Learn today just asked

"(Rhetorical) Why is dlang community provide so many options (see
https://wiki.dlang.org/Debuggers) and **every single one** of
them is faulty in some way? I tried windbg and mago-mi but didn't
gen anywhere."

https://forum.dlang.org/thread/htjjwfynugdshluamgrm@forum.dlang.org