Why Physicists Still Use Fortran

Manu turkeyman at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 05:09:04 UTC 2017

On 15 Oct. 2017 6:40 pm, "Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d" <
digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

On 10/15/2017 5:26 PM, H. S. Teoh wrote:

> 1-based array indexing...  I don't know, but I've become so accustomed
> to 0-based indexing that I doubt I'll ever be able to get used to a
> language with 1-based indexing.  Or whether D will ever be able to
> challenge Fortran in this respect. :P

I don't want to even try 1 based. All my learned behaviors with arrays
would just produce corrupt code.

It's why I don't dare try driving in England.

Haha, incidentally, I've just moved to LA, and I'm failing to convince
myself I won't die if I try and drive here ;) .. I'm still chickening out.