My first experience as a D Newbie

Rion Rion at Rion.com
Mon Oct 16 15:22:41 UTC 2017

On Monday, 16 October 2017 at 09:01:20 UTC, rikki cattermole
wrote:
> And yet my elderly-ish mother uses Linux Mint and she hates
> technology.
> It isn't as clear cut as it may appear, these issues.

Off-topic but the issue with Linux is not when you have it stable
running ( assuming everything works perfectly out of the box ).
Its when you update software. Nothing more fun as lockups when
your kernel is updated but you need the update because it allows
some other feature to work.

We are talking in the mindset of developers, not mothers who only
use skype/browser/mail and do not care if the software is out of
date. :)