My first experience as a D Newbie

Random D user no at email.com
Mon Oct 16 19:48:22 UTC 2017

On Friday, 13 October 2017 at 13:14:39 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> I don't know what the expectations of a Windows user are.

In my exprience 80% of mainly Windows devs (in professional
environment) use Visual Studio + plugins (e.g. Visual
Assist/Dpack etc.). Most of the remaining 20% use Visual Studio
with vim keybindings/emulation or they code with vim/emacs, but
use Visual Studio for debugging. And the last 2% use something
completely different.

I think Visual Studio is the professional standard for C/C++/C#
on Windows (as in Windows is the main platform and not some bad
port hacked on top of cygwin). Basically what Xcode is for Mac.