What is the Philosophy of D?

codephantom me at noyb.com
Tue Oct 17 00:23:34 UTC 2017

On Monday, 16 October 2017 at 13:56:34 UTC, skymuse wrote:
> ...Let me tell you why I choose D.
>
> D gave me the freedom to code the way I wanted to, Go forced me
> to think "simply". D gave me every feature possible to solve my
> problem, Go took them away. D allowed me to program in a style
> that matched the problem at hand, Go forced me to follow only
> one style. Are you seeing the pattern? When you religiously
> follow a philosophy, you're limited to only solving problems
> that play well with that philosophy.

Don't confuse religion and philosophy. One is a dynamic const,
the other is purely dynamic ;-)

I take it from your story, that one could say the philosophy of
D, is:

'Do it your way'.

That sounds like a great philosophy! And it certainly fits with
my understanding of the capabilities of D, and perhaps is
indicative of the spirit in which D came about ;-)