My first experience as a D Newbie

Moritz Maxeiner moritz at ucworks.org
Thu Oct 19 14:25:23 UTC 2017

On Thursday, 19 October 2017 at 08:17:04 UTC, Ecstatic Coder
wrote:
> On Thursday, 19 October 2017 at 07:04:14 UTC, Moritz Maxeiner
> wrote:
>> On Thursday, 19 October 2017 at 06:32:10 UTC, Ecstatic Coder
>> wrote:
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> OK actually my initial proposal was this one :
>>>
>>> http://forum.dlang.org/post/mailman.6425.1503876081.31550.digitalmars-d-bugs@puremagic.com
>>>
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> And the definitive answer about that is of course something
>>> like "Hey man, it's open source, it's all made by volunteers
>>> on their free time, so it must be complicated, what did you
>>> expect ?" and "Make all the changes by yourself if you don't
>>> like it the way it is.".
>>>
>>> Seriously ?
>>>
>>> OK, message received. If putting two download links per
>>> detected platform on the main page is too much work for the
>>> volunteers who maintains the landing page, so let's keep it
>>> the way it is. I have a lot of work and a family life too, no
>>> problem...
>>

>> I remember those events very differently, so here they are for
>> posterity:
>>
>> http://forum.dlang.org/thread/llreleiqxjllthmlgyhh@forum.dlang.org?page=1
>> http://forum.dlang.org/post/cxunwfnhdrlpujjxzraq@forum.dlang.org
>
> That's exactly what I said.
>
> Thanks for confirming what I have written.

This does not confirm what you wrote, because what you referred
to as your initial proposal was the result of the previous thread
I linked to, not the basis for it.

> And please stop the personal attacks, thanks.

What I wrote is not - and cannot be construed as - a personal
attack (as it does not state - or imply - anything about you as a
person). I consider your accusation slander, however.