Back to SDL question

Sönke Ludwig sludwig+d at outerproduct.org
Thu Oct 19 18:16:12 UTC 2017

Am 19.10.2017 um 15:40 schrieb rikki cattermole:
> On 19/10/2017 2:34 PM, Suliman wrote:
>> First of all I would like to say sorry for Ludwig, that 2 years ago I
>> was initiator to making JSON back by default for dub config. It was
>> really my mistake.
>> Only some time later I understand that it was big error.
>>
>> So I would like to ask community about if all agree to make .sdl
>> format to dub by default?
>
> My mind hasn't wavered. I am still against SDL.

I really don't want to invest more energy for this topic at this point,
but the gist of my view is covered in this earlier comment on reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/6qwl5n/using_dub_the_d_build_tool_package_manager_to/dl2wzqs/

Of course, taste and habit plays a role in this, so it's hard to find a
definitive conclusion. I would have definitely preferred to support only
SDLang (as was planned before making DUB official), but at this point
it's pretty clear that we'll simply have to keep supporting both options.

I wouldn't want to change the default back at this point, as the
landscape of opinions on this matter is far too heterogeneous. But if at
some point it should turn out that there is a clear majority for SDLang,
then it could make sense to re-open the discussion.