So why double to float conversion is implicit ?

codephantom me at noyb.com
Sun Oct 22 15:00:28 UTC 2017

On Sunday, 22 October 2017 at 10:57:24 UTC, NX wrote:
> I just think spec should be reviewed at this point.

Well, as Andrei famously once said, don't argue with the
language, just build stuff.

So in that spirit, lets not argue with the language
specification, but find a solution that meets your needs too...

In C/C++, Clang already has a compile time option ( -Wconversion)
to warn of implicit conversions.

I cannot see such an option in dmd or ldc (and I don't use gdc,
so don't know about that one).

I think such an option would be ideal, and perhaps really should
already be there.