My two cents

Martin Nowak code at dawg.eu
Mon Oct 23 11:02:41 UTC 2017

On Monday, 23 October 2017 at 06:05:50 UTC, drug wrote:
> 20.10.2017 17:46, Martin Nowak пишет:
> My 2 cent:
> 1. dub needs ability to work with other repository than
> standard ones.

You mount or clone whatever you want and use `dub add-local`.

> 2. multicore building - entire project in D builds faster than
> C++ one (I have two implementation of the same), but in case of
> incremental building C++ faster.

I always assumed this to be the main point why people are asking
for a better build tool, but it's not sth. dub can do atm. It's a
limitation of the compiler that requires various changes and a
slight redesign of our build model.

In C++ incremental rebuilds are simple as you compile each file
individually anyhow, but that's the crux for why C++ compilations
are so slow in the first place.
Compiling multiple modules at once provides lots of speedups as
you do not have to reparse and analyze common/mutual imports, but
on the downside it cannot be parallelized that well.

Dub could parallelize building individual packages/sub-packages
(target + dependencies) right now though.

> 3. dub single build mode does not caches builds so it builds
> entire project every time.

Could you please file an issue with a test case for that.
Why do you use single build mode in the first place?