Automatically using stack allocations instead of GC

Per Nordlöw per.nordlow at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 11:53:56 UTC 2017

On Monday, 23 October 2017 at 10:48:37 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> There are no plans at the moment, but it's a good idea that
> `scope` can make possible.

I'm glad your open for such automatic optimizations, Walter.
Making D compilers automate these things which are cumbersome
manual labour in languages such as Rust is, IMHO, the competitive
way forward for D.

>> And how does/should/will this interact with `@nogc`?
>
> If it gets allocated on the stack, then it should be compatible
> with @nogc.

Great. I believe good diagnostics (for, in this case, mismatches
between allocations and qualifiers) will play a key role in this
regard.