My two cents

Kagamin spam at here.lot
Mon Oct 23 15:21:02 UTC 2017

On Friday, 20 October 2017 at 09:49:34 UTC, Adam Wilson wrote:
> Others are less obvious, for example, async/await is syntax
> sugar for a collection of Task-based idioms in C#.

Now I think it's doesn't fit D. async/await wasn't made for
performance, but for conservation of thread resources, async
calls are rather expensive, which doesn't fit in D if we prefer
raw performance. Also I found another shortcoming: it doesn't
interoperate well with cache: cache flip flops between
synchronous and asynchronous operation: when you hit cache it's
synchronous, when you miss it it performs IO.