My two cents

drug drug2004 at bk.ru
Tue Oct 24 06:53:35 UTC 2017

23.10.2017 23:25, Igor пишет:
> On Monday, 23 October 2017 at 11:02:41 UTC, Martin Nowak wrote:
>>
>> In C++ incremental rebuilds are simple as you compile each file
>> individually anyhow, but that's the crux for why C++ compilations are
>> so slow in the first place.
>> Compiling multiple modules at once provides lots of speedups as you do
>> not have to reparse and analyze common/mutual imports, but on the
>> downside it cannot be parallelized that well.
>>

> I wish I knew how Delphi was compiling things because it is by far the
> fastest compiler I have ever tried. It compiled individual files as well
> but not into obj files but some dcu files and it used them if source
> wasn't changed when compiling sources that depended on that module.
Yeah, in time of Delphi 6 I thought that Delphi wasn't as serious as C++
(don't remember compiler version exactly) because Delphi compiles so
fast comparing to C++. C++ was cool that time in my eyes because I can
see it was doing something cool and of course very serious)) Delphi was
really as fast as lightning and it was not interesting.