Note from a donor

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 17:10:55 UTC 2017

On Thursday, 26 October 2017 at 16:34:54 UTC, jmh530 wrote:

> One little trick in the wiki is that it says that you can
> uncheck boxes to reduce the size/time of the download. It might
> be helpful to know the minimum required to get D working and
> the minimum required to get Visual D working.

The Visual C++ install is all that it's needed. I'll update the
wiki tomorrow after I verify the options on my desktop.

> It also lists an alternative to install the Microsoft build
> tools and an appropriate version of the Windows SDK. LDC also
> refers to the Visual C++ build tools, but does not reference
> the SDK. I think the VS build tools replace the Visual C++
> tools. The VS build tools look like they have an option to
> install the SDK and other stuff too.

I have the 2015 tools via the VS 2017 installer (it's an option),
but I can't recall ever running the build tools installer
directly. If anyone can verify and update the wiki, that would be
great.