Note from a donor

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Fri Oct 27 07:46:57 UTC 2017

On 2017-10-26 12:16, Adam Wilson wrote:

> How many though?

It's not like I've been counting, but more than one.

> Also, we have to do it for macOS, why is Windows
> special? The macOS setup was just as hard. Download two large packages
> (XCode+Cmd tools), install, and done.

I'm not saying Windows is special. I tried to use DMD and Visual Studio
together, it didn't work that well. I did not use the DMD installation,
I already had DMD installed (using DVM). I did not know the exact
paths/environment variables to use for DMD to find the Visual Studio
tool chain. I also recall finding it very difficult to find the download
for the SDK, it was not included in the Visual Studio installation I used.

I did not have these problems on macOS, but perhaps that's just me, I'm
not a Windows developer.

--
/Jacob Carlborg