Note from a donor

codephantom me at noyb.com
Sat Oct 28 16:39:25 UTC 2017

On Saturday, 28 October 2017 at 15:20:05 UTC, Mengu wrote:
> my code that worked amazing on linux and mac os x failed
> miserably on freebsd which is my server os whenever and
> wherever possible. i did not have the luxury of days to fix
> stuff so i simply switched to debian.

Would be interested to know what that code was doing...to make it
fail.

FreeBSD is certainly increasing it's share in the server market
.. particulary for large enterprises....most vm cloud providers
now proivde them too....which I never expected a decade ago....(
I think the change to the GPL a decade ago, caused many to
consider alteratives to Linux..of which there a very few)... and
if D takes off too(as I think it will over the coming years, not
just because of the language, but because of its licence too)...
then much greater attention will have to be given to D, in the
FreeBSD environment.

Till then...we have what we have...

..and for me..it's pretty good...so far ;-)

Make sure you're on 11.x - x64 though...