Note from a donor

Jerry hurricane at hereiam.com
Sat Oct 28 19:46:00 UTC 2017

On Saturday, 28 October 2017 at 15:36:38 UTC, codephantom wrote:
> But if you really are missing my point..then let me state it
> more clearly...
>
> (1) I don't like waiting 4 hours to download gigabytes of crap
> I don't actually want, but somehow need (if I want to compile
> 64bit D that is).

Start the download when you go to sleep, when you wake up it will
be finished. I did this as a kid when I had internet that was
probably even slower than yours right now. It'll be like those 4
hours never even happened.

> (2)I like to have choice.
>
> A fast internet might help with (1).
>
> (2) seems out of reach (and that's why I dont' and won't be
> using D on Windows ;-)

It's probably why you shouldn't be on Windows to begin with..

> (being a recreational programmer, I have that luxury..I
> understand that others do not, but that's no reason for 'some'
> to dismiss my concerns as irrelevant. They're relavent to me,
> and that's all that matters ;-)

Talk about being narcissistic ;)