[OT] Windows dying

Joakim dlang at joakim.fea.st
Sun Oct 29 22:22:23 UTC 2017

On Sunday, 29 October 2017 at 21:59:36 UTC, 12345swordy wrote:
> On Sunday, 29 October 2017 at 21:36:50 UTC, Joakim wrote:
>
>> pointed out there, mobiles are coming after the desktop and
>> laptop markets, and will likely kill off Wintel in the coming
>> years.
>
> No, they are not "coming after the desktop and markets", that's
> a ridiculous claim to make. You know why, because I hear the
> same claim being made back 5-7 years ago. People are not going
> to use mobile for typing up their MS word documents.

Claims that were made 5-7 years ago can often come true later, :)
and I already showed you that Samsung is pursuing it.  Nobody
will type up MS Word docs on their mobile alone, but they can do
it with a Galaxy S8 in a Dex dock now, and soon won't be using
Word or Office altogether.  If you don't believe me, I suggest
you read up on some computing history, start with WordStar:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/WordStar