Required Reading: "How Non-Member Functions Improve Encapsulation"

codephantom me at noyb.com
Tue Oct 31 01:59:14 UTC 2017

On Tuesday, 31 October 2017 at 01:47:39 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> I once thought as you do (though not as the syntax you
> propose). I now embrace UFCS fully, it's awesome.
>
> -Steve

Yeah. I do like UFCS ... I was convinved after seeing Ali talk
about it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYEKEIpM2zo

What a great ambassador for D he is!

But being able to differentiate whether a line of code is calling
a method of an object, or a free function... that's the area that
concerns me.

I'm lazy.. I would like such code to be more explicit....and not
leave it to me to work out what's going on.