Is this actually a bug or?

Jonathan M Davis newsgroup.d at jmdavisprog.com
Tue Oct 31 20:20:38 UTC 2017

On Tuesday, October 31, 2017 20:06:12 bauss via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> If you look at:
> https://github.com/DiamondMVC/Diamond/blob/master/authentication/permissio
> ns.d#L13
>
> I have to import "diamond.http.method" manually, although the
> package "diamond.http" imports the module public like:
>
> https://github.com/DiamondMVC/Diamond/blob/master/http/package.d#L11
>
> However if the import statement directly to the module is removed
> then it won't compile, because the symbols from
> diamond.http.method are undefined symbols.
>
> It only happens in that module too, other modules can access the
> symbols fine with importing "diamond.http" only.
>
> For the compiler I'm using dmd-2.072.2, so if it's a bug and it
> has been fixed in a newer version it'd be nice to know.
>
> I'm not asking for a work-around as clearly importing the module
> directly works fine, but I would just like to know if it's a bug
> and if I should report it or if it has already been fixed/is a
> known issue.

Well, at first glance, it seems like you should just be able to import the
package, but I suppose that there could be some detail I'm missing. I don't
recall any bugs about that, but that doesn't mean that there weren't any.
2.072.2 is pretty old at this point, and I would advise against using it,
but regardless, the easiest way to know if your problem goes away with a
newer compiler is to just use a newer compiler.

- Jonathan M Davis