Note from a donor

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 21:21:46 UTC 2017

On Tuesday, 31 October 2017 at 06:33:02 UTC, Dmitry Olshansky
wrote:
> I can live without hot water in my house, would I?

So sad but true... my water heater went down today :( Basement
flooded and it is blinking out a bad vapor sensor error code.

> Client applications probably do not care much. Servers and
> cluster software can use more RAM and take advantage of huge
> address space in many interesting ways.

Yeah, I know. And if you're writing that kind of software,
installing Visual Studio isn't a big deal.

But my point is that the kind of typical hobby stuff and a huge
(HUGE) subset of other work too functions perfectly well with 32
bit, yes, even with optlink. You can do web applications, desktop
applications, games, all kinds of things with the out-of-the-box
dmd install and nobody will be the wiser of 32 vs 64 bit unless
someone makes a specific stink over it.