Deimos X11 bindings license question

Gary Willoughby via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Sep 3 09:10:11 PDT 2017

Hi,

A few years ago I forked the Deimos X11 bindings[1] repo to add
dub support. Since then my repo[2] has received bug fixes and as
such it's being used in many projects. (Also, in the following
years dub support was added to the Deimos repo too.) I had a
question from a developer as to the license of the code in my
repo. I used the LGPL because the original used it.

My question, is there a legal way to change the current license
to Boost or MIT or something like? Because this particular
developer wanted to use it in a project where LGPL was
incompatible.

[1]: https://github.com/D-Programming-Deimos/libX11
[2]: https://github.com/nomad-software/x11