Function pointer from mangled name at runtime?

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Sep 3 23:54:53 PDT 2017

On 2017-09-01 22:53, bitwise wrote:

> Basically, the problem is deserializing a scene-graph from a json text
> file. The architecture of my scene-graph enforces that some
> template-function will be instantiated for every symbol that is
> reflected. So what I'm trying to avoid is having to store all of the
> instantiated type information in a central repository.
>
> Imagine I gave you a static library, and a json file, and I told you
> that all the necessary symbols to deserialize that json file were in
> that static lib. If we both had the same serialization library that was
> used, you would be able to deserialize the json file without me giving
> you any source, or having you register all the needed types yourself in
> some centralized type library.

I'm not sure how your serialization library works or is intended to
work. But at some point you need a static type to be able to do
something with the deserialized data.

In my serialization [1] it's possible (de)serialize any types without
registering them. The only exception is when serializing an object
through a base class reference, then the subclass(es) need to be registered.

[1] https://github.com/jacob-carlborg/orange

--
/Jacob Carlborg