dub projects generate docs and host on code.dlang.org?

Joakim via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Sep 4 21:43:09 PDT 2017

On Tuesday, 5 September 2017 at 03:15:58 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> On Monday, 4 September 2017 at 11:15:08 UTC, Joakim wrote:
>> While it's an interesting suggestion, dub has 355 open issues,
>> would be better if more people pitched in on those:
>
> I have zero interest in fixing dub issues since I have zero
> interest in using dub.

I have not been using dub either, so I didn't know about all the
open issues until now, when I started trying out dub on
Android/ARM, where I will soon be shipping it with the ldc
package for the Termux Android app.

> If one of the libraries were compelling... and I actually knew
> about it though, that equation may change.
>
> Making the code repository show documentation will do a lot to
> make the library more discoverable and valuable, which in turn,
> can drive dub use and bring with it more contributors.

If the library authors wanted all that, they'd put up the docs
themselves.  But sure, doing it for them could help.

> I think this is a good idea (and I bought a VM to set up to do
> it myself, but I went too cheap and the 512 MB of memory isn't
> enough to actually build the docs! ugh.)

Great, I'd like to see more people chip in with the open issues
though, like I have been recently with a few.