Going on std.regex & std.uni bug-fixing hunt

Dmitry Olshansky via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Sep 5 03:50:46 PDT 2017

It's been tough time on D front for me, going down from about ~1
week of activity during July to ~2-3 days in August.

One thing I realised is that doing a new GC is going to be a long
battle.
Before I'm too deep down this rabbit hole I decided to first
address the long-standing backlog of issues of std.regex and
std.uni.

My burndown list for std.regex:

https://issues.dlang.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_status=VERIFIED&component=phobos&list_id=216638&product=D&query_format=advanced&resolution=---&short_desc=regex&short_desc_type=allwordssubstr

Should get to about 5-6 enhacements.

Same for std.uni:

https://issues.dlang.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_status=VERIFIED&component=phobos&list_id=216641&query_format=advanced&resolution=---&short_desc=std.uni&short_desc_type=allwordssubstr

This should be actually 0.

Anything not showing up on these lists will not get fixed anytime
soon.

The starting point for std.regex:
https://github.com/dlang/phobos/pull/5722