C++ / Why Iterators Got It All Wrong

jmh530 via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Sep 11 08:22:40 PDT 2017

On Monday, 11 September 2017 at 05:41:37 UTC, Ilya Yaroshenko
wrote:

> Another small difference is slicing:
> For example, for contiguous matrix m:
> 1. m[a .. b]         is contiguous
> 2. m[i]              is contiguous
> 3. m[a .. b, i]      is universal (because there are no 1D
> canonical slices)
> 4. m[a .. b, c .. d] is canonical

Was not aware of this.

> BTW, could you please update the docs or may be write a small
> article for Mir blog?

I'm happy to do some additional work on the docs, but I was
waiting until I had a better understanding of things. I've also
been working on some other things and there are only so many
hours in the day. I want to add cholesky to mir-lapack/lubeck.

> I will be happy to answer your questions if any.

I think I had asked a question on gitter, but I don't think I had
heard back. Not sure how often you check that.