Call to Runtime.unloadLibrary corrupts stdout and stderr

Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Sep 12 08:52:33 PDT 2017

On 9/4/17 2:20 AM, Brad Roberts via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On 9/3/2017 1:07 PM, Rainer Schuetze via Digitalmars-d wrote:
>>
>> This workaround has side effects, i.e. it doesn't automatically close
>> any file still open by the DLLs' instance of the C runtime, so it
>> might cause incomplete files if someone relies on these being
>> automatically flushed and closed.
>>
>> It's a bug in the dmc runtime. Only Walter can fix it as it is closed
>> source.
>
> The source is on github, but it's in a private repo.  I'm sure Walter
> would be happy to give access to it should someone who wants to fix it
> step forward and ask him.

To that point, he did give me access, and I submitted a PR to fix an
issue with pipes and std.process a few years back.

However, I was never able to completely build DMC's library from source,
so in order to test, I had to replace the affected .obj file in the
library with my modified one. I was missing a MASM specific version.

-Steve