D-Man emoji

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Sep 12 09:29:47 PDT 2017

On Tue, Sep 12, 2017 at 06:06:52AM +0000, Seb via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Monday, 11 September 2017 at 23:01:06 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> > Here are some D-Man cartoons:
> >
> > https://github.com/dlang/dlang.org/pull/1648
> >
> > which we sometimes use to decorate D related web pages:
> >
> > http://dlang.org/safed.html
> > http://dlang.org/dstyle.html
> >

> > It seems we are under-utilizing our mascot, D-Man. Wouldn't it be nice
> > to have a set of D-Man emojis that can be linked to? or that we can use
> > in the D forums?
> >
> > Anyone want to contribute some? No drawing talent required! I drew some,
> > and I have the talent of a second-grader. [I know that because my mom
> > saved some of my 2nd grade art, and things haven't improved.]
>
> For reference, a collection of d-mans from our Japanese friends can be found
> here: https://github.com/dlang-community/d-mans (list view:
> https://dlang-community.github.io/d-mans/meiz)
>
> And as I didn't know what to do with dlang.rocks (better ideas are welcome),
> it's a moving D-man: https://dlang.rocks

I also made a 3D PovRay model of D man:

	http://eusebeia.dyndns.org/~hsteoh/tmp/mascot.png

These are just 4 of the possible poses. The model is pretty flexible and
can be put in many more poses, if anyone is interested.

"I'm running Windows '98." "Yes." "My computer isn't working now." "Yes, you already said that." -- User-Friendly