Known reasons why D crashes without any message?

Thorsten Sommer via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Sep 14 23:17:33 PDT 2017

Thank you very much for the different approaches. Vladimir, I
installed the GDB today and try to gain new insights with it.
Rikki, we are aware of the advantages of LDC. But first of all we
want the program to run with DMD. After that we would then switch
to LDC.

I have already introduced try-catch blocks on "Throwable" around
all program parts, which unfortunately does not work. We also use
logging. Unfortunately, these measures do not work.

Moritz, thank you for the idea of checking the exit code. I have
adjusted the Dockerfile accordingly: Our code leads to at least
one segmentation fault. I hope to be able to identify the
position with GDB.

Qznc, we just put your suggestion into practice. Hope to find out
more with GDB now. Installed GDB in the Docker container and
automated the launch. Should actually work, the test is running
while I am writing this text.

Ali, thanks for the tip with OOM Killer. I never knew that fact
before. At the moment it is the case that segmentation fault
occurs before we even begin to reach a memory limit. However, I
will keep this in mind for further work and testing.

Thank you all so much. We will now work with GDB and hopefully
solve the problem.