Known reasons why D crashes without any message?

Johan Engelen via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Sep 16 04:36:32 PDT 2017

On Friday, 15 September 2017 at 06:17:33 UTC, Thorsten Sommer
wrote:
> Thank you very much for the different approaches. Vladimir, I
> installed the GDB today and try to gain new insights with it.
> Rikki, we are aware of the advantages of LDC. But first of all
> we want the program to run with DMD. After that we would then
> switch to LDC.

Latest LDC (1.4.0) gives you AddressSanitizer which can catch bad
memory accesses and reports them in a nice way. Use
`-fsanitize=address` when compiling. Caveat: it doesn't catch
memory bugs involving GC-(de)allocated memory yet (only _very_
bad ones). But it does catch malloc'ed memory bugs and stack bugs.

https://github.com/google/sanitizers/wiki/AddressSanitizer

- Johan