Greetings, New IDE Development

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Fri Sep 22 06:55:27 UTC 2017

On 2017-09-16 21:38, Answar Enchali wrote:

> Does dmd support outputting the full ast with symbol type information
> and full line mapping or will these features have to be added? If they
> are to be added, what would be a ball part man-hour cost to add these
> features? If we are able to integrate D support in to our IDE we will
> release the D portion of our IDE(removing the C++ side as it is
> proprietary) as a sign of good faith.

DMD is not really designed to be used as a library. Although there's
been some progress in that area lately. There's a student that works on
restructuring the compiler as a library. We have the lexer and parser
available in a DUB package [1] to be used as a library.

I recommend getting in contact with Razvan Nitu [2] and Andrei about this.

[1] http://code.dlang.org/packages/dmd
[2] https://github.com/RazvanN7

--
/Jacob Carlborg