does it scale to have 1 person approve of all phobos additions?

John Belmonte john at neggie.net
Sun Apr 1 08:07:09 UTC 2018

FWIW, my dmd bug fix PR is getting languish-y.

    https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/8051

Ideally a good bug fix shouldn't sit around for a week.  Why I'd
call this one good:

     * in addition to reported bug (struct initializer incorrectly
parsed as function literal), a read of the code uncovered
converse as well (function literal incorrectly parsed as struct
literal).  PR fixes both and adds test cases.

     * documents additional ambiguous parser cases, and why we
resolve the ambiguous cases as we do, and how to work around it.
Added unit tests to confirm handling of ambiguous cases.

What went well:  appveyor flagged a regression which sent me back
to the drawing board, resulting in a much better fix

Regards,
--John