PR duty

Jack Stouffer jack at jackstouffer.com
Thu Apr 5 17:59:40 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 4 April 2018 at 05:31:10 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:

We can certainly try it, I'd be interested to see it's impact.
The biggest problem Phobos is facing at the moment is total
number of reviewers. There have been, in the past few weeks,
three people reviewing PRs with regularity, with more people
popping up occasionally. I totally understand that people are
busy, but it's near impossible to keep up with that many
reviewers. The main reason the PR queue is so long for Phobos
right now is we are way ahead of 2017 H2's pace with an average
of 15 PRs merged per day vs 9.3, mainly due to the pace of people
creating new PRs. We've been falling behind this past month with
only 5 merged per day on average, while the number of new PRs
didn't slow down, which allowed the open PRs to ballon to over
120.

I think that more organization might help keep more reviewers
involved.