DUB: Only fetch and cache packages in dub.json without running build

Clinton clinton.d.skakun at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 13:50:38 UTC 2018

Hi all,

I'm setting up a CircleCI config for my project. Right now I'm
trying to cache dependencies before running builds. This way I
can run "dub build --nodeps" immediately after the packages are
cached to avoid extra network calls and speed it up.

I'm wondering if there's a way to isolate the part that downloads
and caches all of the dependencies in dub.json without running
the build.

Right now I have to run the build twice. First one, for the sake
of downloading the dependencies and later for running if the
cache exists. Having the build run the first time takes up a lot
of time. I'm going for the "npm install" type of effect.

The reason the cache needs to be rebuilt each time is because
CircleCI runs docker images. Once the deployment is finished, the
image fs is destroyed so there's no way to hold onto the cache
for future builds.