Feature to get or add value to an associative array.

Giles Bathgate giles.bathgate at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 17:27:02 UTC 2018

On Tuesday, 17 April 2018 at 16:18:32 UTC, Nick Treleaven wrote:
> I called the function `slot` because it always returns the
> address of the slot which the value is stored in.

I like the name. I think your version is quite low level which
ultimately provides more power at the expense of making the
callee code less clean. I am not sure with D which of those two
aspects is preferred. Perhaps both functions could be provided?
What is the use case for knowing whether a value was inserted.