D vs nim

John Belmonte john at neggie.net
Thu Apr 19 11:06:35 UTC 2018

On Tuesday, 27 March 2018 at 01:19:44 UTC, timotheecour wrote:
> I've created a git repo
> https://github.com/timotheecour/D_vs_nim/ with the goal: up to
> date and objective comparison of features between D and nim,
> and 1:1 map of features, tools, idioms and libraries to help D
> users learn nim and vice versa.

I just recently came across Andrei's comparison of D, Rust, and
Go [1].  I'd love to see that updated and hear his take on Nim.

I don't have experience with Nim yet, but from what I've read it
seems to match D's 10x "easier to interface with C and C++".
Other possible 10x items are the GC, macro system, and the
development community being able to focus their resources at a
higher level (no linker, competing compilers, headaches targeting
arm64, etc. etc.).

[1]
https://www.quora.com/Which-language-has-the-brightest-future-in-replacement-of-C-between-D-Go-and-Rust-And-Why