(Unofficial) Discord Server!

Basile B. b2.temp at gmx.com
Fri Apr 20 05:48:27 UTC 2018

On Tuesday, 17 April 2018 at 16:44:11 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev
wrote:
> On Tuesday, 17 April 2018 at 06:43:16 UTC, JN wrote:
>> I prefer ergonomics of Discord/Slack/Gitter over IRC, although
>> in the long run I guess IRC is good for the openness compared
>> to proprietiary solution.
>
> Have you tried Matrix / Riot?
>
> https://riot.im/app/#/room/#freenode_#d:matrix.org

I've tried Matrix yesterday and was disapointed.

1/ One can think that there are many people but actually 90% of
them are connected to IRC via a soft client.
2/ pseudos are no properly updated. To test i've used 0kb
yesterday. It's still listed, right now (as M0kb[m]) but i'm not
connected to Matrix since 20 hours i'd say.

In conclusion i still like more IRC...maybe Matrix is also about
user using their smart phone, but so far i really don't see the
point.