Why don't lazy parameters bind to delegates? Was: Feature to get or add value to an associative array.

Giles Bathgate giles.bathgate at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 22:03:04 UTC 2018

On Friday, 20 April 2018 at 20:35:43 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:

> Let me say I was surprised that this doesn't actually work. An
> in-line lambda will NOT work as a lazy parameter, even though
> that's EXACTLY what a lazy parameter is implemented as! And
> variadic lazy parameters are explicitly typed this way.

I kind of expected it to work too. However, I just created a
template to allow this to work with my PR.

https://github.com/dlang/druntime/pull/2162/files#diff-a68e58fcf0de5aa198fcaceafe4e8cf9R2344

Getting it right took a few head-scratchers, but I put that down
to my lack of experience with D ;)