Favorite GUI library?

Nerve nervecenter7 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 03:46:57 UTC 2018

On Monday, 23 April 2018 at 14:56:37 UTC, Zoadian wrote:
> If we are talking binary size: then yes, I agree.
> But it is a lot easier to maintain & write than QT-Widgets/GTK
> based code.

Users don't care how easy it is for you to maintain your code. If
the user experience sucks, they'll never come back.

When code readability, size, and maintenance gains all coincide
with performance, it's a rare thing indeed, but in most cases
developers have to make a tradeoff. I agree with TheGag96 that
Discord is probably the only application with a feature set that
justifies the tradeoffs.

Mailboxes, taskers, and text editors consuming 150 Mb of RAM,
multiple processes, spare CPU cycles, and battery life rendering
a blinking cursor is an instant uninstall. The user DOES NOT CARE
how easy it is for you to maintain your codebase.