Favorite GUI library?

Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Wed Apr 25 03:00:13 UTC 2018

On 04/24/2018 08:29 AM, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> like I did a wysiwyg editor for work that is a redistributable
> server exe they run locally, but the ui is in a browser. You get better
> results on firefox than chrome due to a bunch of little things.)

Yea, Chrome is kind of notorious for random breakages compared to other
browsers. Google seems to still be a fan of that "move fast to break
everything" fad that (unsurprisingly) has been biting Facebook in the ass.

> Same with deprecation. Web stuff breaks somewhat frequently, and new
> features requiring bleeding edge won't always be there.

Honestly, I find that if my web sites exhibit browser-compatibility
issues, it means I've over-engineered something. Even in Chrome, the
HTML/CSS basics are pretty stable. It's only when you start getting into
the "newer is better" bleeding edge "this week's version of webdev best
practices" stuff, and toolkits and the like, that things start falling
apart.